Saturday, April 10, 2010

I guess I really should try to keep this up-dated! This past week has been Spring Break for our family. I have REALLY enjoyed not having to wake up. Before I tell about our Spring Break, I better back up a few weeks.

My parents returned home from their mission to Hawaii on Wednesday, March 24th. It was a VERY early morning for all of us as we went to the airport to see them arrive. Their flight was supposed to land at 7:31 a.m. ,but they were early--I'm sure because we weren't in any hurry to get their early. They landed before 7 a.m. We did make it into the airport before they got to the luggage area. All of the family (minus my oldest brother who had to work that day) were able to be there. We then made our way to a Village Inn for breakfast. I'm sure the employees were very glad to be seeing us leave! (All 32 of us!) The kids were thrilled to be able to miss the entire day of school--even though we were back to Cache Valley with plenty of the school day to go. My parents had their "homecoming" talks the following Sunday and so we were ALL back together again. It has been crazy having them home!

The week before Easter was filled with much of Chad's family as well. His brother Lynn and family and Taunya and family both came up during the week for their Spring Breaks. Lynn's family came Sat-Tue and Taunya's Wed-Sat. The kids sure enjoyed visiting with their cousins! We had several BIG dinners with all of us that live nearby as well.

Conference weekend was nice with Easter as well. The Easter Bunny always finds our house sometime on Saturday. Keiera was thrilled to wake up that morning and find candy all over the house! Skyler wasn't as excited as apparently he had stayed up until 2 a.m. playing computer games and watching t.v. We watched the first session of conference at our house and then headed to Logan in between sessions so I could buy some shoes at J.C. Penny :) and the kids could go to the Easter Hunt at Lee's Marketplace. Keiera scored a frozen pizza that she shared with Jaydon and Alex for dinner that night when Chad and Skyler were at the Priesthood session. We spent the afternoon at my parent's house and watched the second session with them before heading back home. Grandpa Jay made the kids eebleskeever's (???)! They were so excited and finished off every last one!

Now for Spring Break. My family had a two day Peterson Reunion!!! We all met at the Staybridge Hotel in West Valley and spent most of the time swimming! Almost all of us even tried the enclosed waterslide that is attached to the hotels. I had to talk myself through it the whole way down so I wouldn't panic. I love waterslides--but NOT enclosed ones. I guess it was good that I attempted it during the day when I could see rather than that night when it was dark inside! (My niece braved that once with a nice LOUD scream. But she did do it!) Wednesday before we met everyone, our family went to the Gateway Children's museum. Alex had gotten a free family pass from school--thank goodness! The kids enjoyed that for several hours. Even Alex and Skyler were good sports as it is geered for much younger kids--they found several things to entertain themselves. Thursday after swimming all morning, we had to leave. Some of us went to the Utah Natural History Museum. It was pretty cool--Skyler especially enjoyed the bug section as he found some big hand puppets to scare his cousin and Aunt with! After the museum, we eventually all made it back to my brother's house in Centerville for a BBQ. (My youngest sister and family had left VERY early that morning so her husband could get to work.) It was great catching up with everyone.

Now I'm spending my last Saturday relaxing before school and SOCCER start back up. We have all four kids playing and will have 6-8 games every week for the next several weeks!!!! We start Tuesday with three games!!! Hoping the weather is good--it will be enjoyable, yet CRAZY! We'll see if I up-date this again :)

No comments: